Sunday, May 2, 2010

Menu Plan Monday, May 3, 2010





Things I take into consideration as I sit down to plan my weekly
menus:

- Family's schedule: If we're comin' & going then I'll plan
crockpot meals so I'm not tempted to "just go out to dinner."

- The Weather: If it's nice, grilling. If it's hot, crock pot so I don't use
the oven. If it's rainy/cold, maybe soup & sandwiches, etc...

- The Pantry: What do we already have

- The Sales Ad: This applies only if I'm NOT shopping at Aldi. I'll plan
the menus around what's on sale & what I have coupons for, too.

- The Season: What veggies & fruits are in season right now. They're
plentiful and usually a cheaper price.
______________________________________________



MONDAY

TUESDAY
Lunch- Monte Cristo Sandwiches, Cucumber Tomato Pea Salad
Dinner- Fresh Veggie Plate

WEDNESDAY - Cinco De Mayo
Lunch- Chili Cheese Rice Burritos
Dinner- Do overs (leftovers)

THURSDAY
Dinner- Scalloped Potatoes with Ham, Green Beans

FRIDAY
Lunch- Pasta Salad (with tons of veggies)
Dinner- Pizza

SATURDAY
Lunch- Toasted PB & J, Strawberries, chips
Dinner- Crockpot Potato Soup

SUNDAY
Lunch-Messy Max's (aka Sloppy Joes), Carrots, Pickles
Dinner- TBA


3 comments:

Jump said...

whoa! those are some great thoughts to consider. thanks!

youngstownmoms said...

Great ideas, thanks :)

Margie said...

I love owlhaven THANK YOU so much for telling me about her book!

do you ever run into something your children don't want to eat at meals? do you provide a substiute (I always provided PB&J) but you're such a good mom, I wondered what you do...