Monday, August 4, 2008

Once a Cheerleader...

I'm not a teenager anymore...
there's a news flash, huh?

There's not a chance you're gunna see me
in a short, pleated skirt ...
(hey, mine were never too short)

My jumps are only slightly off the floor now
and my stamina... um...
(can you hear me chuckling right now?)

However, a few things are alive & well
from my Jr. High and Sr. High cheerleading days:

1. My voice can still silence a R-o-w-d-y room!
2. I can still kick over my head (no kidding... even
when I was pregnant I could do it... all 5 times!)
3. and, I still find great joy in cheering others on to V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

As much as you'd love to see some link to You Tube proving that
I can really kick my leg over my head, this blog is about CHEERING!

Cheering others on toward love & good deeds!
(Heb. 10:24)

Being the star, or the coach doesn't really appeal to me.
Sometimes I think I want more...
and when I try to make it happen, or wish for it,
or even feel bummed out cuz I don't have it...
it messes me up... and then I mess things up.

I'm created to CHEER!
I'm a cheerleader!
There's no shame in my game...

In 7th, 8th and 9th grades I tried sports...
I was... well, let's just say that I'm super grateful
that events weren't video tapes then...
Yes... I'm that old! Knock it off.

Anyway, cheering was... and IS my thing!
I'm created to find the good in others,
point it out,
affirm it,
encourage it's development
and be a loud, cheerful voice of love!

Once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader!


NOTE: And to Mrs. Judy Young, my Jr. & Sr. High Cheering Coach,
who is again in my life, who left a "forever-mark" on my
heart and who reads my blog... I love you! THANK YOU
for believing in me and helping me develop so many areas
of my life! You taught me how to cheer in more ways than one!

(hmm, maybe later today I'll dig out an old cheerleading pic
and post it, just for fun.
um... then again, maybe NOT!)

2 comments:

Ruth Chowdhury said...

Oh, I'd LOVE to see that picture. Please post! lol

ListPlanIt said...

I was a cheerleader, too. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com