Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Finally! (sheesh)

Finally!

Months & months ago... dare I admit it was
probably over a year ago that I started cutting
old pairs of jeans into squares.

First, large squares.
Then I sewed them into rows & attached
the rows into a quilt front.

Then proceeded to line it and put a soft
flannel backing on it with an opening
at the bottom... and.. all
those squares became a Duvet cover!


















I proudly stuffed in a used comforter that once
belonged to my daughters and presented it my
oldest son. He was thrilled.










I quickly promised my younger son the same
warm, lovingly crafted "quilt" before the
winter time came.

opps... it came & went! (I'm not complaining!)

BUT... today!
TODAY is FINALLY happened.

All those smaller squares I'd cut out of old jeans
from Chilly, our girls and even a few friends
(thanks, Zach & Adam)
have FINALLY become a duvet cover for our
littlest little man!











Things that last are worth sticking with.
(yes, I ended that sentence with a preposition)

Things that really mean something to us
are worth continuing!

You may need some inspiration to finish a
meaningful but undone project...
be inspired!

We all need to be reminded that we run a race
that has eternal worth & lasting value...
so be encouraged!

Someday we will Finish!
Finally!

Heb. 12:1 "Do you see what this means -
all these pioneers who blazed the way,

all these veterans cheering us on?
It means we'd better get on with it.
Strip down, start running - and never quit!
No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins."

(The Message)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

netta, these are ADORABLE! and so perfect for the boys, being blue and all. i love seeing your creativity, and also how its passed down to and reflected in your kids! i loved meeting hershel on sunday- i never got to see you with him before! so awesome! i was cracking up. the longer i know you and you fam, the more gifted i see that you all are!

Anonymous said...

That is totally awesome! This is such a good word. And the boys got something great out of it. One day they too will grasp this whole concept. Oh, the love, commitment & dedication that was put into those blankets.

By the way, I've already started cutting out my blue jean squares. So, maybe one day I can get a sewing lesson...or two.

Much luv, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! You are truly creative.

Love, Mom

Margie said...

very cool! Good for you for sticking to it and finishing

Mary Beth said...

truly amazing you are, my friend.