Thursday, June 25, 2009

Helplessness

Since my list of "Summer Projects" is much longer
than any normal (or perhaps even super-human)
can possibly conquer in one summer, I was
encouraged by the quote that Chilly had written down
back in 1989 or 1990 (yeah, I'm old).
I found it today in an old organizer notebook
(that I was cleaning out... check that off the list!)

Here it is...

"The Power of Helplessness"
Individuals can find strength within,
ONLY after they acknowledge the limits
to what they can accomplish alone."
by
Catherine Marshall

This summer's a great reminder that I really
can't EVER do anything of worth without the
power & direction of JESUS!

Lord Jesus...
My summer belongs to You!
Change, rearrange, do whatever You
want to my "to-do-list."
I'm Your's!

2 comments:

mo said...

great post! we have a long list too, some of which involves big decisions. It's good to regroup and remember who's in charge :)

Nicki at Domestic Cents said...

In our weakness, He is made strong. Good words ...