Wednesday, January 7, 2009

True Lie!

Many of you have heard me say this over the years....
but I needed a reminder & maybe you do, too.


We often believe a True Lie:

"You're not good enough."

It's TRUE because even my very best is like a filthy
rag compared the the amazing righteousness of God!

Isaiah 64:6 " We are all infected and impure with sin.
When we proudly display our righteous deeds,
we find they are but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves,
we wither and fall. And our sins, like the wind, sweep us away."


But it's a LIE cuz it's JESUS IN me that makes all things
possible! HIS righteousness makes me good enough.

Romans 5:18
"Yes, Adam's one sin brought condemnation
upon everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness makes
all people right in God's sight and gives them life."


Phil. 4:14 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

So the next time you're throughin' around the thought that
you're not good enough, remember...
Of course you're not, but
(if you've given JESUS your life)
He's MORE than enough!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Good Word my friend. TRULY a good WORD.

Unknown said...

thats so good Netta! I think this is the kind of "honesty" Paul encourages us to have in out estimate of ourselves...so important to get!!

Anonymous said...

yes!!!! I have to remind myself of this almost everyday. Thank you Jesus. Pants :)