Sometimes on Wednesday's I just post a picture...
OOOh NO, today is whole big fat day full-a words, baby.
|Photo snapped right BEFORE the|
following events took place.
Lots of our friends are getting the flu,so..
We purposely started our school day a
little later than normal
since we could all use an extra bit of sleep...
But that backfired...
people were draggin around,
having a hard time getting into
the task at hand. I was the worst.
So the morning was a bust.
Then, in somewhat of a random order...
-child bombs quiz
-same child bombs another quiz
- child pees pants (note: not the same child as the one taking tests!)
-another child informs me that yesterday's school work didn't actually get
done as they'd said, so they're a day behind in 2 subjects
-toilet clogs (but I fixed it)
-Soup from a can (for tin can day) is weird... no one eats it...
-water puddle appears in the basement
-this above mentioned basement is filled with the mounds of laundry
that I have fallen sorely behind in washing
-another water puddle is discovered under my kitchen sink
- the Mom (that'd be me) realized that the little pipe under the sink
is causing the basement puddle & fixes it (thanks to instructions from
our friend Zach who'd warned me about it several weeks ago)
-piano practice brings out the stubbornness that my kids may have
inherited from their Mom
-child melts into tears regarding above mentioned quizzes
- above mentioned Mom sheds a few tears of her own & asks
Jesus to please help her with Homeschooling & to show her
who to go about this process with greater ease... and joy
-the kindergarten-aged boy volunteers to do his chores and some
extra one, too
- the child with "pee-pants" takes a nap & wakes up acting like
- I "stumble" into a timely blog about homeschooling and Jesus whispers
wonderful encouragement and practical ideas into my heart
- I take a deep breath (why do I hold my breath when I'm tense?)
-formerly upset children make conscience efforts to calm down &
- youngest children are playing nicely together & enjoying Christmas toys
- I grab a Diet Coke & some Multi-Grain tortilla chips (they're practically
health food, you know), and I write this blog
- Smile (see the picture at the TOP of the blog)