Thursday, September 17, 2009

DIY Confessions


Secret Confessions
... that are no longer secrets:













1. My creativity far exceeds my actual ability

2. Storage tubs tucked around my house are filled with supplies
from projects I was dying to do... but didn't... yet :)

3. Most DIY projects I actually complete appear to be completely DYI

4. I have a secret desire to own, learn & master power tools...
(my Dad would be proud!)

5. I once patched a huge wall full of screw holes with tooth paste.
Following a good sanding & paint job... well, it looked great!
(my Master-drywaller-Dad would be horrified, and then proud!)

In a time where "do it yourself" means you're cool, creative
and a good steward of your resources, I have a few thoughts
on the subject.... as I'm sure you do, too. So...
YOU GO FIRST!

What projects have you done/will be doing yourself?
Have you always done that?
How did you learn them?
Why do you do them?
Are you satisfied with the finished product?

(NOTE: if you're having trouble leaving a comment
because you
don't have a blog, that's OK.
Please make sure that you've
selected "anonymous"
below the comment area.)


In a couple of days I'll be posting some things that
JESUS wants us to do ourselves!

AND... if you'd like to see a few pics of some of my more recent
"DIY" projects, click here, or over on the right side bar click
"Netta's NICHE."

(Another NOTE: if you're reading this on your email,
you can
click on the title of this blog & it should take you
to my
actual blogsite.)

Let us all know about your DIY Projects!

2 comments:

SarahJarnagin said...

I'm hoping to try out my dad's miter box saw soon.... I hear it's easy to use so maybe I can do some projects without help. :)

Lana said...

Ok - the only thing that comes to mind is my "DIY" cream soup mix! Ha ha! I also just talked to Brian tonight about a cork board project I want in the laundry room. However...I don't think I'll be the "I" pulling it off - and that's the way he would prefer it!
THANKS SO MUCH for the recipe you sent me. Looks SO yummy, and made me feel so loved!