Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Winning? General Motors?

'm only a few miles from the General Motors
World Headquarters building in downtown Detroit.
This morning all local shows were over-ridden with
the press conference where GM announced their
new cutback plan for the rest of 2008 and all of 2009.


(If you're bored, hang on, it's not a financial blog.)

After revealing his plan & the consequential results,
GM's President, Rick Wagoner, said this:

"This is not a plan for survival, it's a plan to win."

Soon after this I read Matthew Henry's remarks
on 1 Kings 15 that connected them together:

"Unbelief often makes way for carnal policy and
thus for one sin after another."

Doubt breeds stupid choices... no matter how small.
They'll cheat us out of God's plans.
We'll flounder & wonder if we're gunna make it.
But...
His plans are always, always best.

I choose to keep my mind focused on what I know
is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report
(Phil. 4:8) and walk out my day to win.
To Win!

When I'm keeping my mind set on Him - JESUS-
then I'll be quicker to make the right choices, say
the proper words in response (not reaction) and
to love & laugh, reflecting the heart of my Lord!

His plans are to win.
I choose His plans...
where ever,
whatever,
whenever!

JESUS!!!!!



No comments: