Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Frame It

This season we're trying to make more gifts and
be more creative and personal. It's fun... and to be
honest it can be a little stressful. But it's still better
than the stress of over-spending & angry malls.

Although I can't show you all that we've made,
(the recipients don't have them yet..shhhh)
I will show you the picture frame we made as a B-day
gift for Max's friend, Amir. Max helped with the cutting
and gluing.

We used cardboard from a box, an old pair of jeans and
school glue. The result? A picture frame that holds a happy
memory of two good buddies!












Also, I'm still giving away this Book:

If you're interested, please tell me how you're expressing
love for your family/friends this season. I'll give it away
on Thursday, Dec. 18th.

Happy, creative Christmas!



Currently
Spiritual Mothering: The Titus 2 Model for Women Mentoring Women
By Susan Hunt

6 comments:

Lana said...

Ok - why don't we live closer?! This frame is SO cool! I have SO much to learn!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the frame! It is so cute. My kids are getting creative this year too. Lots of Mod Podge flying around here! Thanks for the great idea for next year!

Anonymous said...

love the frame but love the pic with him holding the frame! oh he is SO CUTE!!

Jenn said...

I love, love, love that frame!! Where do you come up with such amazing ideas?!?! I really hope that I am can come up with sweet ideas like this one when i have kids.
I am expressing love to my family this season by taking more time than ever to make sure their presents mean something, not just what they want... I am creating something for my parents and Kevin's parents and a type of "theme" for Kristen and Sarah. I'm super excited to bless them with these things! Also, just being with them! I can't wait for some quality time with my husband, parents, Kristen, Sarah and Houston! Then, the people I can't see at Christmas will get love from me in the form of words on a card. hehe
I love you Netta!

Mary Beth said...

Netta... I have one word for you...

AMAZING!

I only wish I was one smidgen as creative as you.

Netta said...

We love crafts & fun projects, but before anyone gets too impressed... keep in mind that something's gotta give in order to have time to do the "fun stuff" ... and my house shows it!
oh well, fun memories are better than a clean house!
:)